Exposing your fermenting beer to light can cause skunky off-flavors and affect temperature stability. In this tip of the week, Josh Weikert covers the whys and hows of keeping your fermenting beer in the dark.
Fermentation is where beer is made. In Craft Beer & Brewing Magazine®’s online course How to Manage Your Fermentation for Better Beer, Josh Weikert covers
- The importance of fermentation temperature and temperature control
- Fermentation conditions such as the effects of light and the importance of stable temperatures
- Yeast strains and selection
- Yeast pitching rates
- How much time to plan for fermentation
- Other fermentation considerations such as stuck fermentations and never-ending fermentations