Juicy Bits from WeldWerks Brewing Co. in Greeley, Colorado, is a New England–style IPA that has quickly garnered both regional and national attention for the brewery. Juicy Bits features a huge citrus and tropical-fruit hops character from the massive whirlpool and dry-hop additions of Mosaic, Citra, and El Dorado hops, as well as a softer, creamier mouthfeel thanks to the adjusted water chemistry, higher protein malts, and lower attenuation. The end result is a beer reminiscent of citrus juice with extra pulp, thus the name Juicy Bits.
In this video, WeldWerks Cofounder/Brewmaster Neil Fisher will walk you through every consideration as they developed the recipe for Juicy Bits, then gives you tips for how you can modify the process to fit your palette. He covers:
- Recipe considerations when developing Juicy Bits
- How WeldWerks modifies Juicy Bits to make the many iterations that now exist (e.g. Extra Extra Juicy Bits)
- Packaging and conditioning considerations
- How WeldWerks modifies Juicy Bits for their New England-Style Pale Ales and New England-Style Double IPAs
- When and how to adjunct/fruit your New England-Style beers
- And much more.