Perennial Artisan Ales in St. Louis, Missouri, brews some of the finest Belgian-inspired ales in North America. However, it grew its national following and influenced a host of other breweries with a totally different kind of beer: Abraxas—a big, adjunct-laded imperial stout inspired by Mexican chocolate.
In this 56-minute video course, Phil Wymore—Perennial's cofounder and brewmaster—shares the approach, ingredients, and methods behind the brewery's big stouts and other strong, high-gravity beers. Among other topics, Wymore covers:
- water and hops considerations
- careful intentionality for big malt bills
- building a base imperial stout recipe
- choosing and employing various adjuncts
- yeast and high-gravity fermentation challenges
- filtering and carbonation
And much more, including recipes.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.