Side Project Brewing in St. Louis, Missouri, has made its name on barrel-aging and blending—not only for its widely acclaimed range of mixed-fermentation beers, but also for decadently rich imperial stouts such as Derivation and Beer: Barrel: Time.
In the full 86-minute video, Founder/Brewer Cory King digs into deep technical detail on how Side Project brews, ferments, ages, and blends those huge barrel-aged stouts. Among other topics, he covers:
- water and the importance of mash pH
- grain selection for body and character, from oats to Carafa
- the challenges of mashing very high-gravity beers
- long boils and long aging
- choosing (or not choosing) adjuncts
And much more.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100% money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.