About this course
Steven Anan, head brewer and co-owner of Archetype Brewing in Asheville, North Carolina, takes you through alternative grains—including oats, wheat, rye, and non-cereals. He provides an overview of the ingredients, where to get them, and how to use them to formulate a better beer.
In the full 40-minute video course, Anan covers:
- Brewing with oats, rye, spelt, wheat, and various sugars
- Their impact on flavor, mouthfeel and appearance
- Recipe formulation, including percentages and purpose of each ingredient
- Biological influence
- Step mashes
- Brewing methods
- Differences of soft versus hard wheat
- Flaked, raw, malted and torrefied grains
- Use of candi sugar, honey, and molasses
And much more.