With Jonathan Reeves at the helm of its brewing program, Port City Brewing in Alexandria, Virginia, established a record as one of the most consistent winners at the Great American Beer Festival, earning 12 medals over an eight-year span, plus Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2015, besides various international honors.
In this 52-minute video course, available to All Access subscribers, Reeves shares his top-to-bottom approach to ensuring technical excellence, from his overarching philosophy down to Port City’s data- and details-oriented methods. Among the topics that Reeves covers:
- The importance of quality ingredients and equipment
- Learning from the brewers who came before us
- Establishing bulletproof SOPs and brewery protocols
- Identifying data points for measuring and fine-tuning
- Monitoring dissolved oxygen throughout the process
- Airtight beer transfer and packaging
- Keeping a beer library to monitor freshness and stability
And more, from Kunze to Frederick the Mouse.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.