Bluejacket in Washington, DC, produces a wide range of technically excellent beers in a variety of styles. But head brewer Ro Guenzel, who formerly brewed at the Kaltenberg Castle brewery in Vail, Colorado, has a special fondness for Bavarian styles—and especially for Weissbier.
Weissbier is one of the great classic styles, but brewing it the Bavarian way requires overcoming some specific technical hurdles. In this 45-minute video course, Guenzel tells the story of Weissbier and explains the steps necessary to brew a great one.
Among other topics, he discusses:
- a short history of Bavarian Weissbier
- mashing and lautering with wheat
- the multi-step mash and decoction
- stressing the yeast and open fermentation
- speise and bottle-conditioning
- pairing food with Weissbier
And much more, including recipes and the tale of a dog named Schneider.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.