Earthbound Beer in St. Louis, Missouri, is a confidently different sort of brewery, specializing in beers with a wide range of herbs, spices, and other adjuncts, often used in place of hops. Stuart Keating, cofounder and head brewer, shares what he's learned from years of experience in getting evocative (often beery) flavors out of a variety of unusual (often un-beery) ingredients.
In this full 54-minute video course, Keating shares his expertise and a raft of useful tips for using a variety of adjuncts and flavorings—many quite obscure. Among the topics covered:
- Adding tree branches or other ingredients to the mash water
- Mash additions, such as salt, beets, or mahlab
- Spices, chiles, extracts, and other boil additions, and when to add them
- Testing ingredients at home using simple syrups
- More details on special ingredients such as chicory, lavender, pecans, Thai basil, and yarrow
And much more, including two recipes.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100 percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.