Get a history lesson from Mike Karnowski of Zebulon Artisan ales on specific types of historical brewing practices and why they came into existance. From there, explore some historic styles and consider how you might apply them to your next homebrewing session.
About This Video Course
Zebulon Artisan Ales Founder and lifelong brewer Mike Karnowski takes you through the history of 1700-1800's English brewing, followed by a demonstration of how to make your own brown malt, invert sugar, and brew a porter (circa 1880) using your new ingredients. This video course contains more than 70 minutes of video.
In this video, Mike Karnowski takes you back into the 1700s to cover:
- Malt, hops, yeast, and sugar selection for historical beers
- Historical brewing in other parts of Europe
- Making your own English invert syrups
- Brewing techniques for historical beers
- Stout vs. porter
- Making your own historical brown malt
- Brewing a 1750's era porter with diastatic brown malt
- Packaging + serving english ales
- and much more!