Main & Mill Brewing Company in Festus, Missouri, has earned attention from enthusiasts for their big, rich, full-bodied stouts, such as their Barrel-Aged Imperial Breakfast Stout. Less well known is that they often brew lighter beers for their own pub, based on second runnings from those same huge grists.
In this full video course, Main & Mill's Denny Foster and Brandon Bischoff explain and demonstrate—using their homebrew-scale pilot kit—their method for parti-gyle brewing. This traditional technique allows you to get two or three different beers out of the same big malt bill. Among other topics, they discuss:
- The basics of parti-gyle brewing
- Practical parti-gyling on a homebrew-scale system
- Developing recipes for parti-gyle runnings
- Resources for calculating water adjustments
- Planning and checking for gravities on separate runnings
- Avoiding astringency in second runnings
- Planning for a parti-gyle brew day
And much more.
All of our subscriptions come with a 100-percent money-back guarantee. Get your All Access Subscription to watch this video and if you don't love it, we're happy to refund you.